GRANT FUNDING | APPLICATION
2017 NBA Mission and Ministry Grant Program
The National Benevolent Association is launching a new Mission and Ministry Grant Program to support Disciples projects and ministries working with older adults and at-risk children and youth across the life of the church!
The 2017 application is now closed. We look forward to announcing the awardees by mid/late November. Thank you for your interest!
The NBA has purpose-restricted funds for “Educational Purposes for At-Risk Children and Youth” between the ages of 10-25 years, and for “Older Adult Ministries” serving those who are 50 years or older. These communities have been a primary part of NBA’s ministry since our founding 130 years ago, and are communities that NBA continues to support and accompany.
After necessary legal steps, the NBA Board of Trustees has approved the distribution of these purpose-restricted funds through grants. Our new Mission and Ministry grants are available for congregations and health and social service ministries affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) that are located in the United States and Canada. Projects must have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status through the church and/or the state/province in which the ministry operates.
Grant Categories and Amounts
NBA will accept applications from Disciples congregations and health and social service ministries for grants in these three categories and amounts:
- Catalyst Grants: $1,000 - $3,000 - These are startup funds to get projects up and running and/or to expand an existing project to a new area/initiative. These grants should enable organizations to explore a new venture or a new project idea.
- Innovation Grants: $5,000 - $15,000 - These funds should help move an established project to a new level of effectiveness and impact. Organizations should clearly explain how these funds will help accomplish this.
- Impact Grants: $20,000+ - These funds should be used for major leaps in project areas with a proven plan for how these will move the organization to a new level of sustainability and impact. Grantees will be required to work closely with NBA staff to ensure implementation and sustainability of the projects and to provide opportunities for the rest of the church to learn from their experience.
Application Process and Evaluation
A Grant Committee consisting of NBA staff and trustees will review all applications and make funding decisions on an annual granting cycle. The online grant application is available now, and all applications will be due to the Grant Committee by September 18, 2017. Applicants will be notified of their results by mid-November, and funds will be distributed to awardees by early December for use in the 2018 calendar year.
Grantees will be required to complete an impact report and share a story about their project and the impact it has in their setting. The NBA always looks to foster learning for the whole church about effective health and social service ministries, and NBA will work with grantees to help amplify the success and impact of the work they are doing.
Please read and review all of the information about the NBA Mission and Ministry Grant Program. If there are additional questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Overview and Frequently Asked Questions
- Información General y Preguntas Frecuentes
- 개요와 자주 묻는 질문들
- Budget Worksheet
*Note: If you need assistance to complete the application in English, please contact us at email@example.com.
The application process is now closed for 2017. Thank you for your thoughtful interest in this grant and for your ministry with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)!