Webinar: Creating Safe Boundaries for Congregations Serving Those with Severe Mental Health Issues
As clergy and congregational leaders, we so often strive to create a safe space for all who come through the doors of the church. However, knowing how to create an atmosphere of safety that is welcoming of people with severe mental illness can often seem like a daunting task.
This webinar explores some of the misconceptions about serving people with severe mental illness; discuss realities of safety in becoming a welcoming church; and highlight ways clergy, religious leaders and congregations can incorporate the necesssary assessments, boundaries, and practices to ensure their place of worship is truly welcoming and safe for ALL.
- Video, Part 1: Introduction
- Video, Part 2: Voices from the Pews
- Video, Part 3: Panelist Q&A
- Video, Part 4: Panelist Q&A Continued, Resources
- Angela Whitenhill, M.Div., LCSW - Mental Health Initiative Manager, NBA
- Rev. Judy Johnson, LCSW - United Church of Christ, St. Augustine, FL
- Rev. Dr. James McReynolds, LMHP - Elmwood Christian Church, NE
- Dr. Terry Crump, LCP - Ray of Hope Christian Church, Decatur, GA
- Heather Hunnicutt, Professional Counselor - First Christian Church, Marietta, GA