2018 NBA Incubate SENT Seminar
September 12-15, 2018
What is SENT Seminar?
The NBA Incubate SENT Seminar equips Social ENTrepreneurs for leadership and change! This four-day seminar is designed for Disciples and their leadership teams who are starting new health and social services ministries. The SENT Seminar will cover the basics of nonprofit ministry startups, as well as skills for leadership and change in our global and faith communities.
From Past Participants:
"Before attending the SENT Seminar, I had no idea what impact it would have on turning my dream into a living project. I was so impressed at how the whole structure, from arrival to departure, was a joy leaping inside of me that said, “they care about what you have envisioned.” The workshops were well thought out and planned. I really enjoyed the hands-on exercise of setting up my social media page before I left. I am such a taskmaster, and checking that one off the list felt good. ... The NBA staff were so incredible and professional in how they met with all the attendees. I felt that my dream was shared in a safe place, and it gave me time to reflect on what it could become." -- Syvoskia Pope, 2017
"I am so very grateful to have participated in this wonderful learning and inspiring gathering. Meeting all the others from various parts of North America, with totally different backgrounds and different stories, I was overwhelmed by our similar desire to make real changes in the world for the good of others. ... The speakers who shared pertinent information for how to implement our tasks were all on point. From the perspectives of marketing, legal and financial issues, as well as the leadership training, I gained not only a tremendous amount of knowledge, but I also came away with a heart-felt belief that I can do this thing! I am setting goals to accomplish and am actually doing them." -- Abby Catoe, 2017
- When: September 12-15, 2018
- Where: Union Avenue Christian Church, St. Louis, MO
- Registration Fee: $185, which covers the four-day seminar, including meals, travel expenses, and lodging (Parkway Hotel, St. Louis)
Workshops and Presenters
- Intro to NBA - Rev. Rebecca Hale, NBA Executive Vice President
- Leadership Coaching - Rev. Greg Turk, Pastor, All Pilgrims Christian Church, Seattle
- Foundations to Nonprofit Ministry - Geetha Sant, Former Director of Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Legal Clinic at Washington University School of Law
- Storytelling for Mission - Kasi Zieminski, NBA Director of Marketing
- Facebook for Social Enterprise - LaShaundra McCarty, Owner of 3C: Creative Communications and Consulting
- Fundraising 101 - Jordan Bles, NBA Director of Development
- Advocacy and Activism in Social Enterprise - Rev. Dr. Dietra Wise Baker, Program Coordinator for NBA Advocacy and Activism
- Self Care for Social Entrepreneurs - Angela Whitenhill, M.Div., LCSW, NBA Mental Health Initiative Manager
Application Deadline: August 3, 2018
We invite Disciples social entrepreneurs with a budding health or social service ministry, or a solid idea for one, to apply. Please complete the form below, marking the "yes" button for the SENT Seminar, by August 3. Registration will be available for qualifying projects between June 15 and August 10.