2020 SENT Seminar
September 16-18, 2020
Where Faith Meets Social Good
NBA Incubate invites Social Entrepreneurs and Disciples who want to learn more about the world of social enterprise to our virtual SENT Seminar. Participants will experience online education on the importance of impactful work in our communities, as well as lessons on how to plant and grow new faith-rooted social enterprises. You do not need to be currently involved with a social service ministry to attend — if you are curious about social entrepreneurship we encourage you to join us.
Registration for the full Seminar is now closed. You can still register for the Open Sessions listed below!
This year, for the first time ever, several special sessions from our social entrepreneurship workshop are open to everyone! Join us on Zoom or on Facebook Live for any of the following five sessions:
- Faith & Social Impact, Wed, Sept 16, 2020, 12pm ET / 9am PT, featuring Disciples General Minister & President Rev. Terri Hord Owens and Rev. Dr. Yvette Flunder. REGISTER
- SoulCare, Wed, Sept 16, 2020, 5:15 pm ET / 2:15 pm PT, featuring Rev. Angela Whitenhill Shields and Rev. Helms Jarrell. REGISTER
- God's Economy, Thur, Sept 17, 2020, 12pm ET / 9am PT, featuring Rev. Dr. Patrick G. Duggan. REGISTER
- SoulCare, Thur, Sept 17, 2020, 5:15 pm ET / 2:15 pm PT, featuring Rev. Angela Whitenhill Shields and Rev. Chantilly Mers-Pickett. REGISTER
- Faith-Rooted Social Enterprise, Fri, Sept 18, 2020, 12pm ET / 9am PT, featuring Rev. Mark Elsdon and Shannon Hopkins. REGISTER
Topics Covered During SENT:
- Fundraising 101
- How to Build a Board
- Church and Social Impact
- The ‘Why’ of Faith-Rooted Social Enterprise
- Congregations Pivoting for Social Impact
- Social Service vs. Social justice
- Communication Strategy
From Past Participants:
"Before attending the SENT Seminar, I had no idea what impact it would have on turning my dream into a living project. I was so impressed at how the whole structure, from arrival to departure, was a joy leaping inside of me that said, “they care about what you have envisioned.” The workshops were well thought out and planned. I really enjoyed the hands-on exercise of setting up my social media page before I left. I am such a taskmaster, and checking that one off the list felt good. ... The NBA staff were so incredible and professional in how they met with all the attendees. I felt that my dream was shared in a safe place, and it gave me time to reflect on what it could become." — Syvoskia Pope, 2017
"The journey into social entrepreneurship begins with saying 'yes' to things one is afraid to do. The NBA SENT Seminar has been an important part of me saying 'yes' and connecting myself to a community of people who are also interested in making a difference." — Rebecca Klemme Eliceiri, 2019 SENT Participant
If you are interested in attending future seminars or would like access to social entrepreneurship resources please email firstname.lastname@example.org.