St. Louis-Area Disciples Summit on Racial Justice
The St. Louis-Area Disciples Summit on Racial Justice is an opportunity to gather and challenge Disciples to forge a unique mission imperative for racial justice in the St. Louis area. In cooperation with other Disciples, the NBA has supported local efforts for justice and racial reconciliation following the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in August 2014. This event brings St. Louis-area congregations together to dialogue around issues of racial justice and to equip congregations theologically and emotionally to enter, and sustain, this difficult work.
- 8:30 a.m. – Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Program
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Prayer Walk to the Vonderrit Myers, Jr. Memorial, for those who are able
- Rev. April Johnson – Reconciliation Ministry, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Rev. David Gerth – Metropolitan Congregations United
- Rev. Dr. Dietra Wise Baker, Rev. Dr. Jacque Foster, Rev. Dr. Jeff Moore – St. Louis-area Disciples clergy involved in racial justice work
For More Information:
This gathering of St. Louis-area congregations was supported by: National Benevolent Association, Higher Education and Leadership Ministries, Southeast Gateway Area, Office of the General Minister and President, Reconciliation Ministry, and Metropolitan Congregations United.