2023 SENT Seminar
NBA’s annual SENT Seminar is back with a month-long lineup of keynote speakers and pre-recorded learning sessions. This year’s theme, “Changing the Narrative,” will focus on storytelling and feature dynamic speakers who will share the stories of how they brought their social enterprises to life via marketing, fundraising, and other opportunities.
Schedule of Speakers & Events
Each week we will release a series of pre-recorded videos from our speakers around a particular theme. On Thursday, we invite you to join the speakers as we go live on Facebook and YouTube. During the live broadcast, you’ll have the chance to ask questions and get to know the other seminar attendees.
Week One — Theme: Telling Their Stories with members of the NBA Social Entrepreneur Cohorts
- Rev. Cherisna Jean-Marie: Knowing Your Numbers
- Rev. Whittney-Marie Ijanaten: Pray, Push & Play – Collective Care
- Rev. Kinsie Tate: Asking for Funds: Knowing Your Worth
- Jasmine Hill: My Cohort Experience
- Join our speakers Thursday, September 7, at 7:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. CT for a Facebook and YouTube live session.
Week Two — Theme: The Power of Storytelling
- Rev. Rozella Haydée White, Keynote
- Lauren Wright Pittman, Identity: the Theology of Design
- Rev. Dr. José Martinez, WHY Stories Change the Narrative
- Sharla Horton-Williams, The Power of Storytelling
- Join us Thursday, September 14, at 7:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. CT for our keynote speaker and Q&A during a Facebook and YouTube live session.
Week Three — Theme: When Old Narratives Don’t Work
- Rev. Sandhya Jha, Keynote
- Cameron Gray, Fundraising and In-Kind Donations
- Rev. Lisle Gwynn Garrity, Discerning a Business Model
- Join us Thursday, September 21, at 7:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. CT for our keynote speaker and Q&A during a Facebook and YouTube live session.
Week Four— Theme: Forging a New Path
- Rev. Dr. Melva Sampson, Keynote
- Rev. Pedro Ramos Goycolea and Rev. Ailsa Guardiola González, Responding to the Need
- Rev. Kendal Brown, Responding to the Call
- Join us Thursday, September 28, at 7:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. CT for our keynote speaker and Q&A during a Facebook and YouTube live session.