Webinar: Pastoral Vulnerability: Navigating the Nuance of Disclosing Clergy Mental Health Challenges
Thursday, August 23, 2018
1:00pm EST / 12:00pm CST / 11:00am MST / 10:00am PST
Learning how to hold and talk about mental health within the church is a gift in and of itself. However, how pastors and church leaders balance the art of sharing their testimony of living life with mental health challenges requires a special type of skill, support, and wisdom.
Join this webinar to learn from the trials and testimonies of clergy and church leaders who’ve courageously disclosed their own mental health challenges and continue to pastor and live whole with mental illness. This webinar will address the power of testimony, role of clergy, and art of creating a culture of mutual dependence. Panelists will address practical ways clergy can navigate professional and personal boundaries, build a support system, and know when and how to share their own testimony of mental health maintenance and recovery.
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2018
Time: 1:00pm EST / 12:00pm CST / 11:00am MST / 10:00am PST
- Sarah Serrano - Therapist, Bienestar Counseling & Education
- Rev. Mark Poindexter - West Side Christian Church, Portsmouth, VA
- Rev. Tracey Siegman - First Christian Church, Covington, KY
- Angela Whitenhill, M.Div., LCSW – Mental Health Initiative Manager, NBA
- Moderator: Rev. Monica Wedlock Kilpatrick, Director of Connect Ministries, NBA