Webinar: Pastoral Vulnerability: Navigating the Nuance of Disclosing Clergy Mental Health Challenges
Learning how to hold and talk about mental health within the church is a gift in and of itself. However, how pastors and church leaders balance the art of sharing their testimony of living life with mental health challenges requires a special type of skill, support, and wisdom.
Watch this webinar to learn from the trials and testimonies of clergy and church leaders who’ve courageously disclosed their own mental health challenges and continue to pastor and live whole with mental illness. This webinar addresses the power of testimony, role of clergy, and art of creating a culture of mutual dependence. Panelists address practical ways clergy can navigate professional and personal boundaries, build a support system, and know when and how to share their own testimony of mental health maintenance and recovery.
- Sarah Serrano – Therapist, Bienestar Counseling & Education
- Rev. Mark Poindexter – West Side Christian Church, Portsmouth, VA
- Rev. Tracey Siegman – First Christian Church, Covington, KY
- Angela Whitenhill, M.Div., LCSW – Mental Health Initiative Manager, NBA
- Moderator: Rev. Monica Wedlock Kilpatrick, Director of Connect Ministries, NBA