Through the NBA Incubate Initiative, we strive to encourage and support the development of new and innovative health and social service ministries by Disciples social entrepreneurs. These entrepreneurs are most often Disciples individuals, Disciples congregations, or Disciples members of ecumenical/interfaith teams. Their ministries take the form of individual nonprofits, auxiliary or subsidiary ministries of larger ministries, networks and collaboratives, curricula and training programs, and more!
How Incubate Works
The NBA Incubate Initiative offers connection, learning, support, and contributions.
- Connection: in-person gatherings, including learning events and retreats; virtual gatherings, including a private Facebook group; and larger Disciples gatherings, like General Assembly
- Learning: workshops and conferences; consulting and coaching; and other virtual co-learning opportunities
- Support: marketing via NBA publications and networks; back-office support opportunities; and professional and spiritual support
- Grants: financial grants and subsidies for a variety of project-specific needs
Our Incubate relationships often come from meetings, connections, referrals, and inquiries via the NBA website. Memos of understanding (MOUs) establish formal Incubate relationships. These MOUs typically last three years, with the option to renew, and are designed to promote ministry effectiveness and sustainability and encourage Disciples leadership and innovation. An MOU can include:
|From the Ministry Affiliate||From the NBA|
|Semi-annual reporting||Financial, professional, and spiritual support|
|Speaking and writing on behalf of the ministry and Incubate||Organizational consulting and/or leadership/executive coaching|
|Representing NBA at external events||Skill-building resources|
|Commitment to collaboration||Church-wide promotion|
Meet the Incubate-Affiliated Ministries
Click the links below to learn more about these innovative and impactful ministries!
- Gomer's House, a ministry of Trees of Righteousness Christian Church
- Hearts for Care, a ministry of Disciples Retirement Communities of Oklahoma
- HER Faith Ministries
- Mission Behind Bars and Beyond
- Oakland Peace Center
- Oklahoma Family Empowerment Center, a related organization of In the Spirit Christian Church
- QC Family Tree
- Reach Beyond Mission
- Tulsa's Table, a project of StoneSoup Community Venture, Inc.
- UrbanMission Community Partners, located on the campus of new church start UrbanMission