2021 Disciples Mission Fund Resources
Easter Offering for General Ministries
The Easter Offering provides support for the general ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ.) These ministries operate across the U.S. and Canada as well as around the world. Through care, service and advocacy for others, and sharing resources, stories and worship, general ministries partner with regions to strengthen congregations for the mission of the church. The 2020 Easter Offering will take place on Sunday, April 5 and 12, 2020.
The NBA receives more than $200,000 annually from Disciples Mission Fund allocations. This funding helps support our collaborative mission work with Disciples health and social service ministries and social entrepreneurs of faith, truly creating communities of compassion and care.
What is Disciples Mission Fund?
Disciples Mission Fund (DMF) is the common fund of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Disciples Mission Fund supports 70+ ministries, as close as your local congregation and reaching around the globe. This common funding system enables all congregations to channel resources through one system to be shared across the life of the church. Learn more >>
Individuals and congregations can give to Disciples Mission Fund at any time throughout the year, but many choose to contribute through Special Day Offerings. These Special Day Offerings allow Disciples to give with specific intention six times during the year. Congregations or individuals provide these over-and-above gifts in support of designated ministries. Learn more >>
Disciples Mission Fund Resources
Support and share the stories of the NBA and general ministries through the Disciples Mission Fund! Provided here are a variety of resources and materials that may be helpful as your congregation prepares for special offerings or supports DMF throughout the year.
- NBA Minute for Mission Bulletin Inserts – Half Pages
- NBA “Called to Care” Newsletter, Spring 2019
- NBA Poster – 11×17
- NBA DMF Slide – to include in on-screen worship presentations (PowerPoint or PDF)
- NBA Stories and News – hear from our Disciples-related health and social service ministry partners and program participants as they reflect on their experiences across NBA XPLOR, the NBA Incubate Initiative, Prison and Jail Ministries, the Mental Health Initiative, and Peer Groups (print versions available to download from each blog)
- NBA Resources – including Prison and Jail Ministries and Mental Health webinars, the Social Enterprise Resource Bank, worship materials, and more
- NBA eNews Archive – a collection of our monthly “Called to Care” eNewsletters, highlighting the latest updates from the NBA and Disciples-related health and social service ministries
- NBA Videos – subscribe to our new NBA Stories vlog, and learn more about the NBA Incubate Initiative, which strives to encourage and support the development of new and innovative health and social service ministries and organizations by Disciples; NBA XPLOR, a congregationally hosted Residency for young adults exploring the intersections between the life of faith and the work of justice; and NBA Connect Ministries, where NBA works to connect, resource, and amplify Disciples-related health and social service ministries across the life of the church
For More Information
If you have questions about the NBA or regarding these or other materials for your congregation, please contact Rev. April Lewton, NBA Vice President of Development and Marketing, at email@example.com or (314) 993-9000 ext. 5479. For more information about your church’s giving history and/or supporting general ministries through the Disciples Mission Fund, please contact John Goebel, Assistant Vice President of Finance, Treasury Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 713-2453.